About SA Water
About SA Water
SA Water manages water services in South Australia. Read on to find out who we are and what we do.
We are owned by the South Australian Government. Our people work to provide world class water services to more than 1.7 million South Australian customers. We provide safe, clean drinking water, and once this water has been used, we remove the waste and treat it to ensure the best outcomes for your health, and to reduce environmental impact.
We are a major South Australian organisation. We employ more than 1,500 people in a range of industries from engineering to microbiology.
SA Water has a very long history. As a corporation we have existed since 1994, but our history can be traced back to 1856 – just 20 years after South Australia was settled. Read more about the story of our history.
Our organisation was established by an Act of Parliament. What we do is directly affected by a range of other laws, governing everything from drainage to safe drinking water. SA Water is governed by a Board of Directors, and reports to the Minister for Water.
What we do
SA Water provides services to around 1.7 million South Australians. We:
- supply water
- remove sewage from homes and businesses
- treat sewage and wastewater
- recycle some wastewater.
We work hard to ensure your water is high quality, safe to drink and always available. We make sure you can find out how good your water is.
It takes a lot of people to make all this happen.
How we do it
At SA Water we have a strategic plan that sets our direction and influences how we make decisions. You can read more about it here.
Feedback from customers is also used to improve our services. We use customer feedback and market research to guide the decisions we make. Two Customer Advisory Panels also provide feedback to help us improve our services.
Our water testing services also help to ensure that the water we deliver meets the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines. We work with the community in other ways too. We offer community sponsorships, and we are part of global projects like WaterAid. You can read more about our community work here.
We care about the future of South Australia and we are committed to sustainability. When we make decisions, we always consider the long term future of our state's economy, society and environment. The principles that we consider in our decision making include:
- Economic efficiency – We will be as efficient and effective as possible, balancing affordability with great service delivery.
- Environmental performance – We will work to reduce our environmental footprint and improve our climate resilience.
- Social responsibility – We will apply our skills, assets and services for the greater benefit of the state and people of South Australia.
Water Supply On
- 16/01/2020 01:17 PM - We are attending to an incident in Mile End with no interruption to the water supply. The safety of our crews and customers comes first, and we always aim to minimise inconvenience by restoring services as quickly as we can. Reference Number WO: 07265949.
- See all major faults