You can apply to bond drinking or recycled water or wastewater infrastructure. This can enable early clearance of a land development before the works are completed. To apply for a bond, please email Major Land Developments.
For a Bond to be acceptable
- Nominate SA Water as the ‘favouree’
- If your request to bond is accepted, you must accept the conditions set by the Land Developer Agreement.
- You require a financial guarantee as security. This is an agreement between you and an approved financial institution. The institution must guarantee your duty to complete the works.
- The guarantee must be unconditional and be open ended. The financial institution must have no interest in the development.
The bonding process
- Request and confirm the bond amount with us.
- Provide a financial guarantee or cash for the bond amount.
- Instruct the surveyor to lodge the final plan of division with the Development Assessment Commission.
- On completion of steps 1 to 3, and subject to work commencing onsite, we will advise the Development Assessment Commission that our conditions have been met.
- As the project proceeds, we will consider requests to reduce the bond amount in line with the reducing value of outstanding works. The number of bond reductions is limited to two.
- When a Certificate of Practical Completion has been issued the bond will be reduced to the security sum (5 per cent of the total value of the works). It will remain at this level for the 12 month defects liability period. Upon expiration of this period, a Certificate of Final Completion will be issued. The guarantee will then be returned to the financial institution for cancellation.
Water Supply On
- 16/01/2020 01:17 PM - We are attending to an incident in Mile End with no interruption to the water supply. The safety of our crews and customers comes first, and we always aim to minimise inconvenience by restoring services as quickly as we can. Reference Number WO: 07265949.
- See all major faults