Land development agreement

Land development agreement

A Land Development Agreement is a contract between us and a property developer to construct water, wastewater, and recycled water infrastructure. You need a Land Development Agreement when you create a new public road as part of a development. If you just need to extend mains, then a Land Development Agreement is optional.

What we do

Apply for a Land Development Agreement

    You or your representative (typically your surveyor) must lodge your proposed plan of division with the State Commission Assessment Panel (SCAP).

    The SCAP will process your application and forward it to us for comment. When we have established your requirements, we will advise SCAP and forward these requirements to you or your representative by mail.

What you need to provide

To start the process, you need to give us:

  1. The name (developer or company) in which the Land Development Agreement documentation will be issued
  2. The registered address of the company OR the residential address of the individuals
  3. Staging details (if applicable)
  4. The consulting engineer's name and address.

For more information please download and read our guidelines

Major developers

Major Developer’s work on large property developments or large subdivisions. Major developments will often involve construction of roads. They may also include extensions of mains. A Major Developer will need to enter into a Land Developer Agreement.

If your land division extends a main (water or sewer), you need to fund the extension. We will contribute 50 per cent of the materials cost of an approach main that benefits others.

For more information, please email us.

Land development agreement fees

Drinking water and recycled water administration

Administration fee for link-up


Sewerage administration

Administration fee for link-up


Water meter activation

20mm water meter activation fee


  • Major faults

  • Underway

  • Darebin St
  • Mile End
  • 16/01/2020
  • Water Supply On
  • 16/01/2020 01:17 PM - We are attending to an incident in Mile End with no interruption to the water supply. The safety of our crews and customers comes first, and we always aim to minimise inconvenience by restoring services as quickly as we can. Reference Number WO: 07265949.
  • See all major faults