Pay my bill
Pay my bill
There are many ways to pay your SA Water bill.
Sign up to mySAWater
Residential customers can login or register for mySAWater where you can view, pay and manage your account 24/7. Accessing last year's bills or payment information needed for services such as tax returns. And if you provide your mobile phone number we can contact you in the event of a service interruption.
Choose a regular payment based on how much and when you want to pay.
Pay online, you just need your account number and credit card details.
Other payment options
Pay using your credit card. If this is your first time paying with us over the phone, make sure you read our terms and conditions of payment before you call.
You can BPAY your bill with internet or phone banking.
You'll need our Biller Code: 8888
and your reference number, Which is located next to BPAY Logo on your bill.
If you're a Centrelink customer, you can use this free, direct bill-paying service. Call our Customer Care Centre team to find out how.
Tear the payment slip off your bill and post it to us with your cheque or money order to:
GPO Box 4682
Melbourne, VIC 3001
You can pay at any Australia Post or Commonwealth Bank branch excluding credit card payments.
Or you can pay at SA Water House with all payment options available.
Concessions and financial support
Eligible government concession card holders, and anyone assessed as having a low income, may be able to claim a water and sewerage rate remission. The Department for Human Services administer these concessions and you can check your eligibility online or by calling their concessions
hotline on 1800 307 758/ TTY 8226 6789.
We understand that sometimes it’s difficult to meet household expenses and that a sudden change in circumstances, like a loss or change in income, can lead to financial difficulty. We help our residential customers experiencing short and long term financial hardship by working together to agree
a payment plan so that overdue accounts and new bills are paid as early and easily as possible.
If you’re having difficulty paying your bill, please talk to us so we can help you get back on track. Please call us on 7424 1650 during business hours.
By working together, we can:
- agree an interest free and flexible weekly, fortnightly or monthly payment plan
- protect you from water supply restrictions and additional fees including supply restoration costs, and
- remove the worry of debt collection or legal action.
We negotiate payment arrangements on a case-by-case basis because we appreciate that everyone’s circumstances are different. With our help, customers finding it difficult to pay their bills can also access free, confidential and independent financial counselling, support and assistance.
Terms and conditions of direct debit
Direct Debit Request Service Agreement
This is your Direct Debit Request Service Agreement with South Australian Water Corporation (SA Water) (ABN 69 336 525 019). It explains what your obligations are when undertaking a Direct Debit arrangement with SA Water. It also details what SA Water’s obligations are to you as your Direct Debit
Please keep this agreement for future reference. It forms part of the terms and conditions of your Direct Debit Request (DDR) and should be read in conjunction with your DDR authorisation.
1. Debiting your Account
By submitting a Direct Debit Request (DDR) you have authorised SA Water (User ID 67201) to arrange for funds to be debited from your nominated account through the Bulk Electronic Clearing System (BECS). SA Water will debit your account in accordance with the conditions below.
SA Water will only arrange for funds to be debited from your account as authorised in the DDR.
If the debit day falls on a day that is not a business day, SA Water may direct your financial institution to debit your account on the following business day.
If your current bill is due within 5 business days of you setting up the direct debit arrangement, please contact us prior to making additional payments via other payment methods.
Direct debit is a method of payment and not an acceptance of a payment arrangement to clear arrears unless it has been approved by SA Water.
2. Changes Made by SA Water
SA Water may vary the terms of this agreement at any time by giving you at least fourteen (14) days written notice.
We may terminate this DDR at any time, including if one or more of your payments are dishonoured or rejected by your nominated financial institution.
If we terminate this DDR where your payments are dishonoured or rejected, we will notify you in writing.
3. Customer Changes
You can change or cancel your DDR arrangement at least five business days before the next debit date by:
- Contacting SA Water directly on 1300 SA WATER (1300 729 283) or email email@example.com; or
- Log in to mySAWater to manage your DDR personally.
4. Your Obligations
It is your responsibility to ensure that there are sufficient clear funds available in your account by the due date to allow a direct debit payment to be made in accordance with the DDR.
If there are insufficient clear funds in your account or the payment method is no longer valid to meet a payment:
- You may be charged a fee and/or interest by your financial institution;
- You will be charged a dishonour fee by SA Water;
- Your DDR agreement may be terminated; and
- You must arrange for the payment to be made by another method.
You should check your account statement to verify the amount has been debited.
It is your responsibility to let us know if your financial institution branch number (BSB), account number, credit card or debit card details including account number, type or expiry date change at least five business days before the direct debit deduction date.
If you believe there has been an error in debiting your account you should contact SA Water on 1300 SA WATER (1300 729 283) or confirm this in writing with us as soon as possible or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can contact your financial institution.
You should check:
- With your financial institution to find out whether direct debiting through the bulk electronic clearing system (BECS) is available for your account, as direct debiting is not available on all accounts offered by financial institutions;
- Your account details against a recent account statement to ensure they are correct;
- With your financial institution, if you are unsure how to complete the account details on the DDR.
- The details provided in the direct debit confirmation letter/email are correct.
Your records and account details will be kept private and confidential. Those details will only be disclosed if you or your financial institution requests them in connection with your direct debit payment arrangement or they are required to be disclosed by law.
Government Information Privacy Principles. If you wish to update or access the information that SA Water holds about you, please contact SA Water.
By completing this Direct Debit Request and submitting it to SA Water you:
- Acknowledge that you have read and accept all terms and conditions provided as part of the request;
- Confirm that you are the person named in the application form as the applicant;
- Confirm that you are an authorised individual that has signing authority to transact on the account nominated, and;
- Confirm that all details as completed by you in the request are true and correct.
Terms and conditions of payment
These terms and conditions apply to payments made online or by phone.
About your payments
- You can only pay by credit card.
- We do not accept American Express cards.
- We do not accept Diners cards.
- The maximum amount you can pay is $100,000.
- You will get a reference number for your transaction.
Make sure you get the details right
When paying online or by phone, make sure you:
- Enter the right bill information.
- Enter the right payment information.
If you make a mistake, your bill might not be paid.
If you pay before 5 pm Monday to Thursday, your payment will be on your account within 24 hours.
If you pay after 5 pm Monday to Thursday, it can take up to 48 hours for your payment to come through.
If you pay on a Friday your payment will be on your account the following Monday.
Your payment can still be declined – and we won't know about it
The transaction you make might still be stopped by your bank. This is why your payment reference number is not a payment confirmation.
If your payment does not go through, you must contact your bank to find out why. We won't know if this happens, so we won't be able to tell you.
Making a mistake during payment
In the case where you make a mistake when paying your SA Water bill, we can:
- Give you a refund.
- Transfer the money to another account.
- Leave the money in credit on your account.
The action we take depends on what sort of mistake it is.
The first thing you need to know is we can't return money if you have an outstanding debt with us
In this situation, the help we can give you is limited. If you make two payments by mistake, but those payments don't clear your outstanding debt, we may not be able to give you back your money. Please call us if you need help with this type of mistake.
In the case where you accidentally pay us twice
What we do will depend on whether or not you own the property being billed. If you do, we can arrange a refund in the way that best suits you. If you don't own the property, we may need to see proof of payment before we take any action.
In the case where you make a typo and the payment goes through, we will need to trace it
You will need to give us proof of payment, such as a bank statement, to start this process. Call us for more information if you are unsure.
Refunds take five working days to process
Any refunds you are owed will be issued by either EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) or cheque, depending on your preferred refund.
Refunds can take up to five business days to process with a response being sent via post or email, depending on information provided at the time of requesting the refund, and the preferred method chosen to receive the refund.
The total time it takes for you to receive your money also includes things we cannot control such as delays in bank processing or delivery of cheques via Australia Post.
Water Supply On
- 16/01/2020 01:17 PM - We are attending to an incident in Mile End with no interruption to the water supply. The safety of our crews and customers comes first, and we always aim to minimise inconvenience by restoring services as quickly as we can. Reference Number WO: 07265949.
- See all major faults